Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Pink animals?

I just recently saw a story on the news about a woman who was fined becuase she dyed her poodle's hair pink to raise money for breast cancer awareness. She used beet juice which is harmless to animals.



What is your opinion??



Do you think it is cruel to dye a dog or any other animal with a non-chemical dye?



here is a link to the story:



http://www.digtriad.com/news/watercooler...



Pink animals?

Its NOT Crazy to want to dye your dogs hair. I Dye All 6 of my Chinese Cresteds when I get in the mood to do it, Afterall they get bathed almost daily ! I use Food Coloring %26amp; vinegar. Its safe for them..its safe for us. Whats the Big Deal ?? Ive actually dyed my sons mohawk blue with Food Coloring %26amp; vinegar. How about making it illegal to dye animals with chemicals !? How about making it illegal to dye, perm or bleach human hair with those Harsh chemicals...Nahhhhh we wouldnt want to make it too safe for us now do we ?? I mean why does it say u shouldnt dye or use chemicals on your hair if your pregnant ??



Pink animals?

Nope as long as it is not harming the animal I do not see anything wrong with it.



I had she takes them to court and wins her case - Wonder if other people will dye their animals pink to help support her, I would If I lived there.



Pink animals?

Well as long as it does not HURT the animal , I think it's ok. Beet Juice I'm sure is just fine for the dog.



Pink animals?

she was very responsible to look for an alternative to chemicals for dyeing her dog. and for a great cause. She should have been commended for it. Why on earth would dying your dog's hair with a chemical free product be worse than dressing them in sweaters or putting hats or boots on them? Some dogs are so freaked out in clothing. And I'm sure no everyone makes sure that they are using straps and strings that are quick release and won't pose a strangulation threat. People associate dyeing a dog pink, with money, self-centeredness, and materialism. So over-all people don't like it. But they think costumes are cute. I think the lady made all the right choices to keep her dog safe and comfortable and I hope that the story at least brings good media attention for her cause and points out safe ways of other people to dye their dog with no dangerous chemicals.



Pink animals?

I think it's totally silly that the authorities are wasting their time with that.



She didn't harm the dog at all, it probably did not even notice. In fact, it probably ENJOYED the dyeing process. It's like a massage!



I simply don't get it. I mean, I understand that it should be illegal to dye your dog using chemical dyes, but this woman obviously cares about her pet's safety, and I just wish they'd take it on a case-by-case basis. I guess that's too much to ask, the law bendssss for no one. OH.. wait.. yes it does.. ;P



Pink animals?

I think its fine to dye your pet as long as its not harmful to the pet.



Pink animals?

Hopefully, when this gets to court, the judge will roundly chastise the pompous officer for wasting money and court time, then throw the case out. The woman obviously adores her dog and is trying to do some good for her community.Find out if we can sign a petition for her and forward it to her lawyer to present to the judge.



I just bought a poodle, and am looking forward to doing the exact same thing myself, thats the fun of having a canine friend - all the grooming and making her look pretty.



If there is a petition, put a link on here, I will sign it with great pleasure. Lucky dog to have such a kind and generous owner, other dogs are not so lucky, just look in all the shelters. Get over yourself officer, who ever you are.



Pink animals?

It was an old Boulder Co. law to keep people from dying baby chicks and ducks for easter (sell them to people who didn't know how to take care of them and end up dumping them off later). However, it looks like it included all animals. I would have been upset if she had used regular human hair dye or something to the like, but she did not. She used a veggie and that is harmless. The dog looked pretty darn happy with her and heck, who knows, it might like licking itself because he tastes good LOL. I don't think they should fine her for it.



Pink animals?

If it dosnt hurt the animal its not as bad but its still humilating for the animal.I now it might be going for a good cause but that just mistreatment to do that to animal. I dont see why she couldnt do it to her own hair then mabey she would understand wat its like to be a diff color then the rest of the world i mean of all colors PINK!! really its kind of stupid

No comments:

Post a Comment