Monday, July 27, 2009

How do I get stripes in my hair?? like scence kid hair?

ok so I have seen hair where the have a stripes on a highlight...such as blond hair with pink strips...how do I achieve this?



How do I get stripes in my hair?? like scence kid hair?

It is really a lot easier than it looks. I did them myself on my own hair. You might want to get someone to help you out though.



1) grab the piece you want striped



2) tie back the rest of your hair so it doesn't get in the way



3) take a ruler and measure out equal intervals (for myself, I chose one inch intervals)



4) as you measure, cover up every other interval with scotch tape



5) carefully apply hair colour all over strand of hair. be careful not to move the tape



6) wearing gloves, massage the hair dye into the untaped sections



7) leave the dye on as long as the instructions on the box say to



8) rinse dye out while pullying off the tape in cold water to keep the dye from running



and that is it! have fun :)



How do I get stripes in my hair?? like scence kid hair?

its called coon stripes



just get a strand of hair,



and tape up the parts you dont want dyed



and then dye the rest..



How do I get stripes in my hair?? like scence kid hair?

If you have dark hair, get a highlight chunking kit. The chunking hat kit lets you pull larger chunks of hair through the highlighting holes. After that, go to your local Sally's Beauty Supply or other Beauty Depot, and get some Manic Panic Hair color. They have fun colors like magenta and icy blue. Either use the same chunking kit or apply it by hand with a mascara brush.



How do I get stripes in my hair?? like scence kid hair?

I used to have coon stripes. I used a ruler and marked off every one inch on a blonde extension. Then I applied once inch of pink dye every other inch. It looked really cute cause my hair was alot of brown extensions and then it was like BAM blonde and pink.

No comments:

Post a Comment