Sunday, July 26, 2009

I've dyed my hair black... but it looks awful! What can I do?! I want to make it go back to bro

Wow. The whole deal is that I wanted to add pink to my hair. Not like 25 streaks. I wanted to do the underside/back of my hair. Not too much, just a bit. Then like one streak going through my bangs, and possibly one other streak going through the length of my hair. What I was going to do was to make it a black color first, then a couple days later buy peroxide and bleach to make parts of the hair as white as I could get them. And then a couple days later put the pink in. Or re-bleach if it wouldn't turn out as light as I wanted - and THEN put the pink in.



Well I still want to do the whole pink thing, but NOT on the blackkk. It looks, really, really, really bad.



This is how my hair color used to be:



http://tinyurl.com/2unx5o



http://tinyurl.com/38a4o3



I want that color back, before I add the pink! My hair looks like it's been dyed. I hate it, it looks cheap and gross. I hear it's hard to go back to brown (or any color, for that matter) after black. What can I do?!



I've dyed my hair black... but it looks awful! What can I do?! I want to make it go back to brownnnn. Help?!

First, make sure you shampoo your hair before doing anything else. Next, it is not hard to dye your hair again as long as you bleach or strip it first. After bleaching, dye it the brown you want.



I just saw your additional details. You must bleach it or strip it before you re-dye it. I have personally done it with bleach or developer applied directly to hair. I'm sure bleach is the better option, though. You can let it fade, though it will probably not do so evenly; and you would still need to bleach it in order to dye over it later. Hope this helps!



I've dyed my hair black... but it looks awful! What can I do?! I want to make it go back to brownnnn. Help?!

I would go to a hair dresser to get it fixed before you ruin your hair.



There is no alternitive way to get your hair back. Black is to dark to fix. Unless you have the knowledge of a stylist or know someone who can do it for you then your pretty much screwed. A hair dresser IS your only option.



I've dyed my hair black... but it looks awful! What can I do?! I want to make it go back to brownnnn. Help?!

You should never ever dye your own hair! this is the result of using cheap over the counter hair dye. If you care about your hair so much, then you should get it done by a professional at a decent salon. When it comes to hair coloring, you should always go to a Hair Dresser, they know more about how to color your hair the proper way.



I've dyed my hair black... but it looks awful! What can I do?! I want to make it go back to brownnnn. Help?!

OK, I would suggest you first get some semipermanent hair color, of the brown verity, and use that, so you can walk around town without stares. That will make it look ok. I'm not sure what your hair looks like now, but I'm sure if you make an appointment with a good stylist and hair colorist, you can get the whole thing fixed! They can strip the black, or add brown highlights, but it may not work well, because black is notoriously hard to remove. They could also do some cool stuff with a razor blade, and make it all rock-starish. Let this be a lesson to you to never use at home hair-coloring products! It's cheaper and better in the long run just to go to a salon. Oh, and don't try and fix this yourself, it won't work, and you'll make it worse, and when you do finally decide to have it professionally fixed, your hair will be all dry and brittle from dying it too much.



Like I said before: Try semipermanent hair color! It's the best solution. Don't try the pink thing, just don't! I made a mistake once of going orange. Just don't.



OK, you aren't going to get it back to natural by stripping the color, and it won't look good if you do it yourself. You can try brown lowlights, but you can't just get rid of the dyes. Jet Black dye is a lot different from brown dye. I know you are like, "Uck, this guys isn't being real!" But I'm only being honest. Hitting up your parents or saving up for a fix is better than trying to DIY, and end up ruining it to the point where you have to get a lesbionic boycut. If you are like really poor, go call a beauty college, and see if you can be a model and have them help you. That is usualy ubercheap, but they have no experience; It's better than nobody though. If you plan on stripping it, you only have a 72 hour window, so get cracking.



I've dyed my hair black... but it looks awful! What can I do?! I want to make it go back to brownnnn. Help?!

A friend of mine had the same problem.. but she made the mistake of trying to bleach it again and it ended up orange, so whatever you do, try to avoid that.

No comments:

Post a Comment