Thursday, July 23, 2009

How do I get hair dye out of carpet, sink, tile walls, etc.?!!!?

I just dyed my hair (pink, if you're curious--well, a dark maroon) and this hair dye is apparently really hardcore, because it won't come out of anything! I mean, the carpet was clearly a BIG mistake, but things like my bathtub, shower walls, and sink are also stained! Usually, I've just cleaned dye up with shampoo right after I get it in things, and it's worked. However, this stuff is...different. Can someone please help me???? Thanks!!!!!!!



How do I get hair dye out of carpet, sink, tile walls, etc.?!!!?

get some really good bathroom cleaner (Baam or kaboom type stuff) and put it on spots and leave on for like 5 or 10 minutes. I do this all the time. Some places it will be near impossible to get out but Kaboom is definately the best. As for carpet try using a carpet cleaner foam that you spray on (like resolve) and leave on for like 10 min then blot the space off. Do not rub it will smear stain further. If you can steam clean when done over the spot.



How do I get hair dye out of carpet, sink, tile walls, etc.?!!!?

Try using Comet w/bleach %26amp; a soft scrubber. Make up a good lather, then let set a bit. Then rinse it off. Another good cleaner is Mr. Clean or Tob Job, as they contain ammonia %26amp; ammonia will cut through a lot of things. As for the carpeting, you can not use a bleach based cleaner, but try Windex or "rubbing alcohol" first, then blot it up.....DON'T rub it!!!! If that doesn't work, go to the internet %26amp; look up how to remove hair dye. Next time, put newspaper down on the floor/carpeting, %26amp; wipe up all drips ASAP.

No comments:

Post a Comment