Wednesday, October 7, 2009

A question about bleaching my hair. please answer!!! (A hair stylist would be helpful)?

Okay right now I have dirty blonde hair w/ black and pink streaks. When those fade out, I want to completely bleach my hair and then dye my bangs bright pink over the bleach. My hair used to be really fine but it's starting to get thicker. If I do all that to my hair, will it completely ruin it. (I'll be going to a professional, not doing it myself)



If you need more information, mail me. and THANK YOU!! (I really need answers)



A question about bleaching my hair. please answer!!! (A hair stylist would be helpful)?

I am a stylist so here is my advice:) If your hair is dry at all, brittle feeling, mushy feeling when wet, breaks when you brush normally, or tangles easier than normal, DON"T DO IT. this means your hair is probably already damaged and putting more chemicals on your hair would make it even more tender. However, if your hair is soft, strong, and pretty healthy, I would say go for it!!! The only thing that bleach does is rough up the cuticle or the outer scaly layer of the hair. then it goes into the second layer and breaks up the other color.....so..(damaged hair) resulting from bleach is usually just very porous, meaning the cuticle (scales) are roughed up a little.. To test your cuticle and check whether or not your hair is in a good condition to do this:



Take one strand of hair



Starting at your scalp, pinch your hair gently with you thumb and first finger and slide it down your hair.



It;s smooth right?



Now, do the same thing but start at the end of your hair and work up to your scalp.



Its normal to feel slightly different, but If it feels very rough, or dry, your hair may not be up to it. If it feels slightly different or just as smooth going up, then your cuticle is in tip top shape!!!Hope this helped!



P.S BY BLEACH I DON"T MEAN CLOROX!!lol..Most salons use a powder or cream lightener.



A question about bleaching my hair. please answer!!! (A hair stylist would be helpful)?

oh my



A question about bleaching my hair. please answer!!! (A hair stylist would be helpful)?

i aint even read your thing, all I read is your question and I heard bleach and hair in that sentence, all I'm saying is DO NOT BLEACH YOUR HAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



A question about bleaching my hair. please answer!!! (A hair stylist would be helpful)?

Bleaching your hair is never good for it. If you do go to a professional though they will lighten your hair but they will not use straight bleach as you are suggesting. It will however be hard to get your current black and pink streaks out because they tend to stain your hair. Your hair will not be completely ruined but it also won't be as healthy as it is. Good luck!



A question about bleaching my hair. please answer!!! (A hair stylist would be helpful)?

Well doing all those things to your hair will damage it. But, you can repair it later on by using Dove's new shampoo. It's suppose to repair split ends, dried hair etc etc.



Since you have dirty blonde hair why not streak it if you want light blonde hair.



A question about bleaching my hair. please answer!!! (A hair stylist would be helpful)?

WHOA! Hold the presses...



Assuming you used black hair dye it will never "fade"...black is the strongest dye load there is... It won't bleach out either. it will turn a funky orange/peach color at best and any attmept at doing it over (while it may turn the color you want) will then create the ugly gummy ruined hair.



Anytime someone hears bleach they automatically think ruined or damaged... Blonde in haircoloring terms is an absence of color therefore ALL blonding is a form of bleaching. So get that out of your head to start with LoL



As for the pink? It won't completely fade either and bleach won't get it all the way out...been there done that... So you can see why trying to get your hair one solid blonde is not going to work.... There are options...but at least you know this going in...and make sure the professional is real thorough with what you will and will NOT accept!!



This is why I tell people when they make certain color choices to make sure they can live with them. Some options are more permanent then others...and trying to force the hair to change gets you a really hard long term lesson in the "don'ts" of color!



Good Luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment